The Grind: Palouse Peach Bonus Review




The Grind: Palouse Peach Bonus Review
By Sarah Mulcahy

Alright, technology (Google Drive to be specific) is fucking with me hard. Here is the great disappearing-reappearing kief review I promised to you last week in all of its original glory. I apologize for the delay and hope you enjoy!

Alright, folks. Bonus Lightning Round!!!!!

So, I swung by my local pot shop on the way home from work last Friday. Not that unusual for any Friday, which also happens to be the usual day for vendor visits at this particular pot shop *cough, cough* Satori South *cough*. As my husband and I entered with no other thought but purchasing the agreed upon eighth, he pointed toward the corner and said “Look who’s here.”

As my gaze swivelled I saw the display table, and the bright orange peach stickers, and I nearly squealed with delight. Palouse Farms was the vendor and we had arrived just in time for the bonus discount (yeah we got an eighth of Palouse Peach flower for $21). I just had to tell the lovely ladies running the table how much I love and appreciate their strain.

I had a great discussion with Toni and Erin (the names of the lovely ladies running the table) about their farm, their process, and their delicious strain. Palouse Farms is a small, Tier-1 operation with a yield of about 6 plants a week. Their only strain, Palouse Peach, was gifted to them from someone who clearly saw the care and love put into the home-grown bud this family produced long before I-502 brought cannabis cultivation into the mainstream. This strain was the reason they decided to apply for an I-502 license and I’m so glad they did.

In addition to being amazing women in the cannabis industry, upon learning that I was planning a review of Palouse Peach flower, Erin gifted me a gram of Palouse Peach kief to review as well!! Obviously this farm is confident in the quality of their product, and they should be.

Yay! Bonus review!!!

The heavy scent of peaches emanating from the container before I even opened it told me this was going to be a treat.

Palouse Peach kief is very potent (something like 62% THCA), sets in quick and burns slow. Smooth-hitting with a long-lasting high, this one is not for the faint of heart. My best friend, K, could not make it through a bowl of Palouse Peach flower topped with Palouse Peach kief. As the bowl made it’s third or fourth round in the circle he simply held up his hand and said ‘I’m done.” And while I’m used to my friends tapping out before I do, it’s usually a few bowls in. Not the first bowl of the night!!!!

While I highly recommend Palouse Peach flower as a great before-work sativa with it’s uplifting, energetic high, I would suggest saving this kief for after work or when you have time to relax and chill. It is quite potent and I will definitely be picking up some more soon.

Palouse Peach Kief by Palouse Farms

Photo by S. Mulcahy

Suffice to say, this was a heavy-hitting treat from the lovely ladies at Palouse Farms and if you haven’t tried Palouse Peach yet, what the fuck are you waiting for!?!

Check out Palouse Farms on Facebook, follow us on Instagram @the420minute, and remember to keep calm and smoke on!

Comments