The Grind: Palouse Peach by Palouse Farms

The Grind: Palouse Peach by Palouse Farms
By Sarah Mulcahy

Alright, folks. Welcome back to The Grind, currently floating above a field of wildflowers on a gentle summer breeze. That’s right, Summer has arrived folks, and I have the perfect strain to celebrate (my personal favorite any time of year!), Palouse Peach.

Tangled up in Blue
Photo by: S. Mulcahy

Palouse Farms, a Tier 1 producer located in Spangle, Washington (Spokane County), only produce a single strain: Palouse Peach. While they have expanded into various forms from flower to concentrate to kief and beyond, this signature strain has been perfected by this family-owned and operated farm. An excellent article, found here, from last summer gives great background on the farm and the strain.

But our mission is neither a history lesson, nor an agricultural one. We want to know how it tastes and smells, but most importantly, how it makes you feel. So without any further dilly-dallying, our 20th strain review, my all-time favorite strain, Palouse Peach.

Strain: Palouse Peach
THC/CBD: 22.8% total cannabinoids
Type: Flower
Method: Smoked (glass)

Rhapsody in Blue, Palouse Peach
Photos by: S. Mulcahy

I’m a spoiled smoker. I know it. But I can’t help myself. I love gorgeous looking nugs with beautiful coloring and expert trimming. I want to smoke weed grown by passionate and hardworking people who love what they do. And, perhaps most importantly, when I find a strain that fits all that criteria I expect consistent quality.

With Palouse Peach, I get all of that and more.

Every bud is a vibrant, spring green with shocks of orange hairs exploding throughout. Loaded with kiefy-crystal goodness, the nugs are not just trimmed but manicured with Edward Scissorhands-esque precision. No junk, just bud. And with a medium density it’s easy to break up by hand.

Now, the first thing I do with any fresh sack, and I know I’m not alone, I take a great big sniff. With Palouse Peach, often I can smell the sweet peachy, skunky aroma before I even open the bag. And let me tell you, folks, it isn’t just a hint of peach. It is full on dozing-in-the-summer-sun-on-a-blanket-in-a-peach-orchard. But it doesn’t stop with the scent. The taste of peach is almost as powerful as the scent and you can taste it all the way through the bowl.

With a very smooth inhale and exhale, high potency and transporting peachy taste and smell, is it any wonder that this strain also provides a euphoric, energetic high that is great for the lightweights and the heavy hitters? With a quick set-in and a long-lasting high this is a great before-work strain. As an every-morning smoker (y’all wouldn’t wanna see me unmedicated!!), this strain is a frequent purchase in my household and will continue to be my favorite strain for years to come!

If you wanna try some Palouse Peach check out Satori South, where they have a near-constant supply of this amazing strain and it’s on special now ($10 a gram, $30 an eighth)!! Find Palouse Farms on Facebook or check out their website, and if you enjoyed this review you can subscribe above for more and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @the420minute for epic bud shots.

Remember to keep calm and smoke on.

Comments